Why You Can’t Rely Solely on Insurance Companies

If you suffer an injury in any type of accident — a work-related, car accident, or other — you can’t rely on your insurance company to give you the money you’ll need to cover your injuries, lost wages, and emotional distress.

Working with an experienced personal injury attorney can help you explore and take advantage of every avenue to get you the money you deserve to cover your injuries and damages.

What Will My Insurance Company Do After An Accident To Help Me Receive Damages?

After an accident, if you contact your insurance company, they will work to seek restitution for you. Your insurer will contact the other parties’ insurer to get reimbursement for the accident claim, and you’d receive a refund of your deductible.

However, depending on your insurance policy, your deductible might not cover all your costs. Or worse, the other parties’ insurer denies the claim.

There’s also a chance that your own insurance company denies the claim based on “fault.” For example, North Carolina enforces contributory negligence, which means if the victim contributed even 1 percent to the cause of the accident, the victim isn’t entitled to any damages.

Your insurance company may also take an exceptionally long time to process your claim and raise questions along the way, delaying your ability to receive monetary damages quickly.

In reality, insurance companies are in the business of making money and not looking out for your best interests. So if they have to replace your car, they will only want to pay out the least amount possible.

What Should I Do If I’m In An Accident?

If you suffer any type of personal injury in an accident, reach out to the Knox Law Center. We offer complimentary consultations to discuss your options and next steps for your case.

When working with Knox Law Center in a personal injury case, we can help represent your best interests with the insurance companies. Speak with a Knox Law Center attorney before telling your insurance any details about your accident or injury, as one sentence may affect your ability to receive any money.

We can also help you explore other ways of receiving the money you need to pay for expensive medical bills or repairs to a vehicle.

The Knox Law Center can help you file a personal injury lawsuit against another driver, your company if it was a work-related accident, or a property owner if your injury happened in an unsafe area.

Recent News & Articles

Contact An Attorney Today

Mar 4, 2020
 by Anonymous on Knox Law Center
Exceptional Legal Representation & True Professional, Genuine Individual

I first met Allen after he was recommended to me by a friend, and I couldn't be happier with the service that he provided. He demonstrated a unique attention to detail in my case, as well as expressed a genuine interest in me as a person. Through a great deal of hard work, Allen was able to appeal my case and get all of my charges dismissed. I couldn't be more grateful for him and his assistant, Sherry, for their legal and personal support during such a difficult time. Hiring Allen was the greatest decision I've ever made, and I would recommend Allen to anyone seeking exceptional legal representation.

Feb 23, 2020
 by Anonymous on Knox Law Center
The most amazing lawyer, a true gem & winner

Allen is the best lawyer I've ever met! His character is genuine, and there is a warmth about him that makes you feel so comfortable. If you ever get into a situation with DWI, and feel truly remorseful for what happened, HIRE him for the BEST chance possible. I previously spent 6000$ on an attorney who just didn't feel like they really gave me the personal care that I needed. They were only in it for the money. After hearing raving reviews about Allen, I fired my lawyer and took a leap of faith with Allen. Even though I had to pay two separate times and could not get a refund for the previous lawyer, IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! He won my case with dignity, respect, and care and I am forever thankful to him for this.

Page 1 of 17:
Call Knox Law