Losing your driver’s license can affect every aspect of your life, from losing your ability to travel to work and make money, shuffling your family …
Sixty Years of Legal Innovation,
Client Services and Practical Solutions
At the Knox Law Center, we understand. When you have a legal issue, we
will give your matter the undivided attention it deserves.
Frances S. Knox
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (summa cum laude)
- Wake Forest School of Law, Wake Forest, NC
Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Probate Estates
- Wills & Trusts
Attorney Frances Knox received her Juris Doctorate from Wake Forest School of Law after graduating Summa Cum Laude from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and has been with the firm for over thirty years.
Attorney Frances Knox specialize in representing those who have suffered personal injuries from motor vehicle accidents. She fights vigorously for her clients who have been involved in accidents and suffered personal injuries and general damages. She takes special interest in each and every injury claim, and without hesitation, expect insurance companies to do the same, in order to make certain her clients receive all of the compensation to which they are entitled.
Frances works from the firm’s Charlotte office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and from the firm’s Denver office every Tuesday and Thursday.
After a car accident, most drivers know to trade insurance information with the other motorist to settle who pays for the damage. But if you’re …
Frances Knox has once again garnered an outstanding Avvo Rating on Avvo.com. The Avvo Rating is an informal analysis of attorney reputation based on several factors.
If your underage family member has been charged with a crime, it’s imperative to take action right away to protect them from juvenile offenses that …
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D. – 1991
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Torts & Trial Practice
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte, North Carolina
- Bachelor of Arts summa cum laude – 1979
- Major: Child Psychology
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Member
- Board of Governors North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice Auto Torts Section, Member
- Mecklenburg County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Inns of Court, Member
- Who’s Who in American Law 2007
- The National Trial Lawyer Association
- Board Member – First Citizens Bank Charlotte – 17 years
- Wade Edwards Mock Trial – 2017 – present
- North Carolina, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
Pro Bono Activities
- Bethel Presbyterian Church Youth Organization, 1995 – 2015
- Child Care Resources, 1981 – 1984
- Family Support Center, 1980 – 1984
- Huntersville Oaks Nursing Home Ethics Committee, 1993 – 1996
- First Citizens Bank- Charlotte Board of Directors – 15 years
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Attorneys- Board of Governors – 4 years
- Regional Worker, Wade Edwards Mock Trial for Senior High School, 2005 – 2015
- Susan Komen Tournament Organizer/Planner – 7 years, 2000 – 2007
- Co-Developer of Verdict Ridge Golf & Country Club and Verdict Ridge Development www.verdictridge.com
- Bethel Presbyterian Church – Cherub Choir , 2010 – 2015
- Supporter of Stegall’s Arena in Concord, NC www.stegallsarena.com
- Trial Briefs, Rewrote article on Medicaid Disbursements, December 2005, 2006 and January 2007
- Featured in January 2008 Lake Norman Woman’s Magazine
- Various articles in Lincoln Times newspaper
- Individuals and Families Involved in Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Guest Speaker, Professionalism in Court Room to First Year Law Students, Wake Forest University
- Instructor, 2 years: Medicaid Entitlement and Liens on Tort Recoveries for Practicing Attorneys
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, 2007 Order of Service Award from the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Recipient, 2007 Ebbie Award from the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
How Can We Serve You?
Bold labels are required.
Submit your review
I was in a car accident and needed a personal injury lawyer. Frances and her staff handled my case very professionally and kept me informed throughout the process. They handled the interfaces with multiple automobile insurance companies as well as my healthcare insurance company. After the settlement, one of the healthcare providers tried to retroactively bill me for thousands of dollars. Rather than leaving this for me to resolve, Frances and her staff expended quite a bit of time and effort at their own expense to painstakingly trace and resolve the payment/billing issue across multiple parties. Having Frances and her staff handle my case took a tremendous burden off of me and allowed me to focus on my physical recovery. I highly recommend Frances.
Attorney Knox helped our Family with a unexpected Crisis. She was very knowledgeable and professional. Attorney Knox explained all information and went above and beyond to help our family feel at ease.
Attorney Knox was very nice to work with. Very prompt, efficient, thorough and knowledgeable. She explains items well and was very congenial throughout. She went well out of her way to provide the needed services.
Frances is a wonderful person on the inside and out. She has taken very good care of me and my daughter in our legal matters and on a personal matter's. There is no Question she will not answer for you. I would highly recommend her for all your needs.