Frances S. Knox
Partner / Attorney
In Uptown Charlotte:
817 East Trade Street
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Call: (704) 372-1360
In Denver/Lake Norman:
7476 Waterside Loop Road Suite 400
Denver, NC 28037
Call: (704) 827-6667
Email: Contact Us
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (summa cum laude)
- Wake Forest School of Law, Wake Forest, NC
Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Probate Estates
- Wills & Trusts
Attorney Frances Knox received her Juris Doctorate from Wake Forest School of Law after graduating Summa Cum Laude from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and has been with the firm for over thirty years.
Attorney Frances Knox specialize in representing those who have suffered personal injuries from motor vehicle accidents. She fights vigorously for her clients who have been involved in accidents and suffered personal injuries and general damages. She takes special interest in each and every injury claim, and without hesitation, expect insurance companies to do the same, in order to make certain her clients receive all of the compensation to which they are entitled.
Frances works from the firm’s Charlotte office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and from the firm’s Denver office every Tuesday and Thursday.
Frances Knox has received over 100 5-Star reviews on Avvo.com and counting! Knox Law Center congratulates Frances Knox for this honorable distinction among the legal community.
Knox Law Center was recently named ‘winner’ of the 2019 Reader’s Choice Award for ‘Best Law Firm’ by Lake Norman area weekly magazine The Herald Citizen.
Knox Law Center has multiple attorneys listed as ‘Advocates for Justice’ by the NCAJ.
Frances Knox has received the Client’s Choice Award on Avvo.com for 2018 & 2019. The Avvo Client’s Choice Award is given to those attorneys who receive 5 or more 4+ reviews in a calendar year. Attorney Frances Knox has over 100 5 star reviews on Avvo.com.
Frances Knox has maintained a perfect 10.0 Avvo Rating on Avvo.com. The Avvo Rating is an informal analysis of attorney reputation based on several factors.
“Lawyers of Distinction” members have been selected based upon a review and vetting process from…
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D. – 1991
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Torts & Trial Practice
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte, North Carolina
- Bachelor of Arts summa cum laude – 1979
- Major: Child Psychology
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Member
- Board of Governors North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice Auto Torts Section, Member
- Mecklenburg County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Inns of Court, Member
- Who’s Who in American Law 2007
- The National Trial Lawyer Association
- Board Member – First Citizens Bank Charlotte – 17 years
- Wade Edwards Mock Trial – 2017 – present
- North Carolina, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
Pro Bono Activities
- Bethel Presbyterian Church Youth Organization, 1995 – 2015
- Child Care Resources, 1981 – 1984
- Family Support Center, 1980 – 1984
- Huntersville Oaks Nursing Home Ethics Committee, 1993 – 1996
- First Citizens Bank- Charlotte Board of Directors – 15 years
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Attorneys- Board of Governors – 4 years
- Regional Worker, Wade Edwards Mock Trial for Senior High School, 2005 – 2015
- Susan Komen Tournament Organizer/Planner – 7 years, 2000 – 2007
- Co-Developer of Verdict Ridge Golf & Country Club and Verdict Ridge Development www.verdictridge.com
- Bethel Presbyterian Church – Cherub Choir , 2010 – 2015
- Supporter of Stegall’s Arena in Concord, NC www.stegallsarena.com
- Trial Briefs, Rewrote article on Medicaid Disbursements, December 2005, 2006 and January 2007
- Featured in January 2008 Lake Norman Woman’s Magazine
- Various articles in Lincoln Times newspaper
- Individuals and Families Involved in Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Guest Speaker, Professionalism in Court Room to First Year Law Students, Wake Forest University
- Instructor, 2 years: Medicaid Entitlement and Liens on Tort Recoveries for Practicing Attorneys
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, 2007 Order of Service Award from the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Recipient, 2007 Ebbie Award from the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
How Can We Serve You?
Fields with * are required.