If you suffered an injury at work, in a car accident, or through any other personal injury, dealing with one or multiple insurance companies is inevitable.
Many people feel an insurance company’s goal is to pay as little as possible, and they are inherently at a disadvantage.
Seeking the right legal help can ensure you level the playing field with insurance companies and aid in maximizing the payout you receive for your personal injury claim(s).
How Do I Level the Playing Field with Insurance Companies?
When dealing with insurance companies regarding your personal injury, a few simple steps can make a big difference in the eventual payout you receive.
When speaking with an insurance representative, remember to do the following:
- Stay calm and always be polite, even when the situation is frustrating;
- Ask for the name of the person you’re speaking with, clarify what company they represent, and who is insured with that company;
- Give very little details to the representative. Limit information to your name, address, and phone number;
- Do not give any details about your accident or injuries; the company can use these details against you in the future;
- Do not settle right away; the representative will try to influence you to accept a settlement, and their first offer is typically very low;
- Take as many notes as possible during the call.
How Can An Attorney Help Me Deal With Insurance Companies?
Enlisting the help of qualified lawyers to deal with insurance companies in your personal injury claim can make a massive difference in your case’s outcome, from reducing your own personal headaches to maximizing the payout amount you receive.
The Knox Law Center lawyers have vast experience dealing with insurance companies and understand what tactics to employ to ensure you get the settlement you deserve.
The Know Law Center provides all new potential clients with a complimentary evaluation, so you can understand what our experienced legal team can do for you and your case. If you decide to work with us, the lawyer assigned to your case typically presents the insurance company with a demand letter and supporting documents to start the settlement negotiation process.
Your lawyer will then handle all negotiations for you and be responsible for making points to strengthen your case, such as medical records and tout any emotional damage caused by the accident. Then, your lawyer will counter with a higher settlement offer.
If your lawyer and insurance company fail to reach a settlement, your lawyer will ensure there’s a written settlement to help solidify your standing. If the insurance company refuses to settle, which is rare, the Knox Law Center will prepare for court.